#18 Coors Golden Banquet
Type: American Adjunct Lager
Sticker Price: $5.99/6-pack of bottles
I’m going to stop buying anything Coors. This one caught my eye with its retro label promising old-time craft-style flavor. Not a big fan of lagers, I was let down again. Maybe it has its place on a hot day but I’d prefer something with more bitterness and less syrupy sweetness. Or water.
- Rating (5=best): 2
- Nose: Yeast, tiny bit of grain, corn, bubblegum.
- Flavor: Sickly sweet, corn, very watery body. Quite bland.
- Finish: Tiniest bit of hoppy bitterness that vanishes quickly.
- Notes: This could be a great thirst-quencher but I would rather just drink water.
- Shilpi: “Surfbort.” Me: “C’mon, give me something.” Shilpi: “Meh, it’s beer.”