#19 Dos Equis Lager
Type: Pale Lager
Sticker Price: $6.99/6-pack of bottles
The Most Interesting Man in the World may be the life of parties that he has never attended, but he doesn’t know beer. This lager is as refreshing as it is uninteresting. I paired this with a very Mexican meal of carnitas tacos, ceviche and grilled corn (con crema y queso) and it did its job: cleanse the palate between bites. So does water.
(p.s. I really do enjoy the marketing campaign though.)
- Rating (5=best): 2
- Nose: Lots of sweet corn.
- Flavor: Pleasantly dry. Not a lot of character. Fairly bland: not too sweet, not much bitterness at all.
- Finish: Nice faint caramel roasted aftertaste. Disappears quickly.
- Notes: Very clean and refreshing with mild, palate-cleansing carbonation.
- Shilpi: “It starts out flat. It’s more light and refreshing than anything else.”