#22 Samuel Adams Rebel IPA
Sticker Price: $7.99/6-pack of bottles
I don’t love IPAs and tend toward the darker, malty brews. They do have their time and place. After a very hot and busy month, I wanted something refreshing and bright to cool me off and cool me down. This IPA was just the ticket.
- Rating (5=best): 4
- Nose: Metallic, pine, grapefruit, orange zest, tiny bit of sour bread.
- Flavor: Bright and refreshing with plenty of hoppy bitterness that’s not overwhelming. Nice orange zest flavor.
- Finish: Nice, long finish that isn’t too complex but filled with saliva-inducing hops. Not too dry with a bit of malty sweetness.
- Notes: Surprisingly good. Very drinkable on a hot day. A great palate-cleanser with food but is interesting enough to drink alone.
- Shilpi: “It’s an IPA so I don’t like it.”