#29 Shock Top Belgian White
Sticker Price: $6.99/6-pack of bottles
Belgians are among my (and Shilpi’s) favorite beers. I should have known from the marketing that this is the dressed-up-yet-empty-at-the-core version. I wouldn’t even pound it just to get a buzz as the cloying flavors made me nauseous halfway through one bottle.
- Rating (5=best): 1
- Nose: Bread dough, bit of coriander.
- Flavor: Fruity sweetness, grapefruit, citrus rind, white pepper. Alcohol flavor comes through.
- Finish: Quite dry, tiny bit of orange zest. Slight corn syrupy feel that reminds me of Fruit Loops residue.
- Notes: I like Belgians but this is like the artificial candy version. No thanks.
- Shilpi: “It’s bitter but enjoyable.”