#6 Coors Light
Type: Pale Lager
Sticker Price: $5.99/6-pack of bottles
I don’t know anything about light beers. I never drink them and I frankly don’t understand the point of a light beer, besides allowing you to drink a lot to get drunk without feeling full. If that’s the goal (and it shouldn’t be), I wouldn’t drink beer. Anyway, I figured I would start with one of the biggest selling brands. Maybe I’m missing something here but I’m not looking forward to the next light beer in the aisle.
- Rating (5=best): 1
- Nose: Metal, tiny bit of grain.
- Flavor: Club soda, very watery, bitter but not from the hops, more from the carbonation. Tiniest bit of corn sweetness.
- Finish: Dry, stale beer taste. Like what a ballpark smells like after the game.
- Notes: Very smooth and refreshing but not really a beer flavor. Sadly, Natty Ice had more flavor.
- Shilpi: With a very confused expression: “I don’t not like it. It’s bright but slightly sour and sparkly on my tongue.”